Diffstat (limited to 'office/LibreOffice/README')
1 files changed, 15 insertions, 23 deletions
diff --git a/office/LibreOffice/README b/office/LibreOffice/README
index dc7ee5981e..1d0aa001af 100644
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@ internal versions. Packages from SBo that will be use in this way are:
libexttextcat libfreehand libmspub libmwaw libnumbertext liborcus
libpagemaker libqxp libnumbertext libstaroffice libtommath libwps libzmf
lpsolve mythes postgresql qt5 valgrind ucpp unixODBC avahi
- libetonyek xmlsec vlc
+ libetonyek xmlsec
Remember, these packages are not essential but entirely optional. If not found,
LibreOffice will simply build its own internal versions.
@@ -31,34 +31,26 @@ e.g. if avahi is detected and used at build time, it will also need to be
installed at run time.
Build time environment variables that may be set to vary features are as follows:
-1. enable the experimental VLC avmedia backend (disabled by default) with:
- This requires the vlc package (available from SBo) to be installed.
-2. disable kde4 support (enabled by default) with:
-3. support additional languages by overriding the LOLANGS variable, whose
+1. support additional languages by overriding the LOLANGS variable, whose
default setting is LOLANGS="de es fr id it ja nl vi zh-CN". Note that en-US
is always added to whatever LOLANGS is set. Thus building with, for example,
- LOLANGS="de" sh LibreOffice
+ LOLANGS="de" sh LibreOffice.SlackBuild
would build LibreOffice with support for german and US english languages.
Additionally, setting LOLANGS="ALL" will build in support for all available
-4. A number of Java Development Kits are suitable for building LibreOffice.
- The default JDK for this SlackBuild is openjdk7. Others may be chosen by
- setting the JAVA environment variable when running the SlackBuild. Recognised
- values are openjdk7 (the default, not explicitly required), openjdk8 and jdk
- e.g. JAVA=jdk (to use SBo jdk package with Oracle binary version). Using an
- alternate JDK will require presence of the appropriate package when building
- LibreOffice. Since the apache-ant package is already required by openjdk7,
- hence openjdk8, its listing in the REQUIRES field is redundant in these cases.
- However it remains listed to accomodate the case of JAVA=jdk, in which the
- apache-ant package is needed to build LibreOffice.
- Finally, setting JAVA=no will build LibreOffice without any Java support.
+2. A number of Java Development Kits are suitable for building LibreOffice.
+ At the moment (since, at least, LO version 220.127.116.11) the default JDK is the
+ latest LTS release, jdk11. Other JDK's supported by the SlackBuild are jdk12,
+ jdk13, jdk14 & jdk15 but these non-default JDK's must be explicitly specified
+ when running the SlackBuild using the JAVA environment variable e.g.
+ JAVA=jdk15 sh LibreOffice.SlackBuild
+ It is also possible to build LibreOffice without any JAVA support (with
+ somewhat reduced capability in LO Base) by running:
+ JAVA=no sh LibreOffice.SlackBuild
-5. The number of parallel make jobs used by the LibreOffice build system defaults
+3. The number of parallel make jobs used by the LibreOffice build system defaults
to the number of available cpu cores. If the MAKEFLAGS environment variable
contains the -j option e.g.
@@ -69,7 +61,7 @@ Build time environment variables that may be set to vary features are as follows
which would limit building to a single make process, overriding any value set
with the -j option in MAKEFLAGS.
-6. Use of ccache during building is turned off by default to save disk space (and
+4. Use of ccache during building is turned off by default to save disk space (and
possible build failure due to lack of disk space). It may be reinstated by
setting the USE_CCACHE environment to "yes" e.g.
USE_CCACHE=yes sh LibreOffice.SlackBuild